Those of Us Who Know Better
A downloadable game
Those of Us Who Know Better is a tabletop roleplaying game about transgender superheroes whose powers come at a price. Civilians by day, in community every other Thursday evening, and heroes by night, the players use their powers to problem solve and offer protection and support around town. These powers must be used sparingly, however, because every use of a superpower demands a specific and costly remuneration.
Consider if Aquaman had to persuade an animal to bite him every time he talked to fish. Or if Miles Morales had to stop and watch a YouTube video every time he shot webs out of his hands. It’s like that. Also, you're trans.
Those of Us Who Know Better is a mission-based game. Each session begins with the heroes encountering a problem they must address. The session conclude when the heroes feel they have adequately resolved the situation. This game supports both one-shots and campaign play.
Those of Us Who Know Better includes:
- An original game system with 5 stats, simple mechanics, entirely customizable characters, and simple rolls that require only a D10 die.
- Options for powers and prices that alter the characters' base stats, enormously shifting their success potential with consequences both predictable and unexpected.
- Simple combat mechanics that function as a means of resolution for rapidly occurring events, rather than forcing the players to choose violence.
- A GM guide with tips for running the game.
- An FAQ for cis people, so you don't have to ask your trans friends.
- A single-page play aid.
Number of players: 2-5 players and 1 GM.
Length: 2-4 hours per game session.
Assets: Core Book – a 21 page book of everything you need to play or run the game.
Starter Adventure – Unconventional Methods, a 17 page, far-more-detail-than-you-need starting scenario, including a setting and pre-generated characters.
Character Sheets – form fillable.
A playlist for the game:
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you are interested in playing Those of Us Who Know Better and the cost is prohibitive, please claim a community copy. If there are not community copies available, you can reach out to @NearFutures on Twitter.
- Those of Us Who Know Better is Now Available!Dec 18, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.